Friday, November 11, 2011

What is the Meaning of Life

I painted this work some years ago when I had had particularly spectacular elephant ears in my yard.  Every year since I've tried to duplicate these plant giants to no avail, until this year.   Now, finally, I have equally large and gorgeous elephant ears in my "Secret Garden".  I also have four wonderful banana trees.  So I will be doing some paintings that will express what I really mean about my utter joy and wonder  at these bountiful botanical specimens in my Secret Garden. (Almost a year later:  I just discovered this in my draft section of the blog, never published.  Update, sadly, I never got around to expressing my utter joy and wonder last summer, but my elephant ears and banana trees are already up and growing so I expect to have another chance this year)

No comments: