Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Back to my happy place

Today I will be able to reconstruct my studio as they are finally finished painting in that room. Oh happy day!  To celebrate, I've chosen to show you this botanical that I did after one by Maria Sibylla Merian, a courageous woman who travelled the world and made botanical drawings in the 1600's.  Maria worked with watercolor and ink so the drawings are true to life.  This drawing is a plant whose name escapes me and the book is still in a pile somewhere.  However, I saw it growing in Costa Rica at the Wilson Botanical Research Gardens in southern Costa Rica several years ago.  It is a very exotic plant indeed, and the journey to reach this place was an adventure I made with two nephews and my daughter Madeleine.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ohhh...I like that one...have fun in your studio!