Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Rio Grande Sun Stroke

This was another sun stroke day, even though we started painting at 8 in the morning.  It was fine until about 11:30 but I wanted to finish this painting before leaving.  That might have been a mistake because all the mistakes I now see in this painting were made after that bewitching hour.  I'll correct and touch up this painting later and repost it--maybe.  This spot, by the way, is along the Rio Grande River at a place called the gorge because it is deep in a canyon.  You can't see that because I was focusing on the river. 

3 comments:

Adrienne said...

The rock/island in the middle of the river is very distracting. Maybe tone it down a bit so that the viewer can focus more on the water.

Anonymous said...

I like this picture, but I agree with Adri that the rock in the middle is distracting. I have noticed that the colors in the pics you paint in Santa Fe are less vibrant than what I am used to....a lot of turquoise and pastel colors ...I guess that is not a coincidence?

P.S.: Remember it is from YOUR genes that I am color blind, so don't make fun of me if I am making no sense (i.e. if there is no turquoise color, but actually burnt orange)

Adrienne said...

AHH! Adam... you must perpetually be in backwards-land. Turquiouse = burnt orange, crazy!