Thursday, July 24, 2008

Under the bridge

This is the same spot I was in yesterday but looking up the river instead of down the river.  I was working near the bridge which crosses the Rio Grande near Pilar.  This is the bridge to the famous road to Ojo Caliente.  So I guess I went overboard on the color here and the red waves are a little strange.  I'll tone those down and also the tree at the top was more in silhouette so that needs to be darkened.  But overall I was pleased.  I did another painting of rocks under the water with which I was even more pleased, but you'll have to wait as I want to make a few minor corrections before I post it.  Tomorrow we'll be in Abiqui all day (Georgie O'Keefe country where I painted Jude's painting).  

2 comments:

nathalie said...

Carolyn - your work is beautiful, I especially like this one. Sounds like you are having a great time out there painting!
Nathalie

Carolyn Rekerdres said...

Hi Nathalie! Thank you for the supportive comment. I also enjoy seeing your work and sounds like things are going well. This has been a great week but exhausting. Do you enjoy plein air painting? Maybe I can gather a few painters in the early fall at my house in Santa Fe. Would you be interested? Carolyn